Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thunderbird live.mozillamessaging.com uses an invalid security certificate

I started getting this error a while back and have several times looked for a solution without success.


Secure connection failed

live.mozillamessaging.com uses an invalid security certificate.


Now, in the first instance this shouldn't really occur. Whose fault it is I don't know. But they need a kick up the arse.

I have just ignored it and carried on regardless as it hasn't affected me other than being annoying.

But I worked out a very simple fix.

This is in Thunderbird 17 under Linux but guess it will work equally well on other versions.

Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Certificates

Click View Certificates

Then select the Servers tab

Now Add Exceptions and type in https://live.mozillamessaging.com

Click Get Certificate, View it if it means anything to you, and then Confirm Security Exception.

Job done and no more warnings - I guess it is because of a naming error between www.mozilla.com and live.mozillamessaging.com

Hope that helps


No comments:

Post a Comment