Monday, December 17, 2012

ZendDebugger

libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file

libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file


More fun. Not sure what tripped this off but anyhow.

Whilst upgrading Eclipse I found my debugger wasn't working. Checking it from Eclipse showed 'no communications'.

Long story short, php -v or php -m showed the ZendDebugger.so wasn't loaded with the following failure:

Failed loading /usr/lib/php/modules/ZendDebugger.so:  libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Segmentation fault

Hmmmm. A quick check revealed that I had  /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e - searched around and wondered if a link might cure it so I tried this :

ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

Restarted the server and another php -v gave this :

Failed loading /usr/lib/php/modules/ZendDebugger.so:  libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Segmentation fault

My pawn takes bishop :

ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Server restarted and php -v now gives :

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Aug 22 2012 20:50:05)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Debugger v5.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2010, by Zend Technologies


And Lo ! my debugger now works.

Why does all this shite happen ? I'll BeBuggered if I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment