Thursday, August 13, 2015

Draytek v120 rip off pricing and censorship

After a reply on an earlier post, I had a quick look at the Draytek forums and found my posts regarding Draytek ripping off UK customers have been deleted.

So they are ripping people off, and then censoring any dissent. That is DISGUSTING.

So, here's my latest forum post for posterity. Lets' see how long it lasts.

http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20365

FYI v120 and Draytek forum censorship


Just a FYI because people should know.

A while back I asked posted a question here (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19490 - now deleted/censored) as to why their model v120 sold in the UK is NOT the same as the model v120 sold in Australia and New Zealand, and quite possibly Germany too.

The UK model is just a basic barebones ADSL modem.

The version sold elsewhere is actually a proper router - similar to say a 2820, but with just a single network port. All the router functionality is there.

But the better quality one sold in the rest of the world seems to be sold for the same price or cheaper than the basic, barebones, UK model.

So the UK model is seriously inferior hardware and a higher price. Draytek eventually admitted as such. And yet they still continue with their policy of profiteering in the UK. (I can't say 'rip off' as they got unhappy about it before). You figure it out.

As pointed out above, I had written about this topic before, but the post was deleted. One thing I really hate is censorship. If they don't like people criticising their unjustifiable sales policies then they should change the policy, not try and shut up the dissenters.

Fortunately I kept the link on my blog page and there it will remain for posterity and to demonstrate how companies are making fools of UK purchasers every day and then trying to cover their tracks. I'll add this post as well and lets see how long before it is 'censored' and removed. This time I will add the this text to the blog post as well.

http://computers-linux-other-nonsense.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/draytek-vigor-120-modemrouter-uk-rip-off.html

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment