Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PHPList

Great software and I don't mind supporting it but I do object to the footers in the emails.

It also seems that there is a plugin being developed to work with my CRM of choice - vTiger. A fork from Sugar CRM, it is very good, though I think some of the code base needs a radical rework. Will they have the bottle to throw a load of it in the bin & rewrite it ? I don't suppose so - the track record on these sort of things has never been good (Microsoft being the worlds leaders in this game).

Not withstanding that, it is very good and when you see what CAN be done with it with a professional developer, the mind boggles.

Anyway, with PHPList, I'm quite happy with the web page part of it for subscriptions et al but I decided to try & change the footer wording a bit. 'Powered by' sounds a bit to aggressive to me. Naturally there is precious little support for changing this from the forums so I had a bit of a dig.

I modified :

For the HTML part :

connect.php

Line 156 :



For the Text part :

sendmaillib.php

Line 152

No comments:

Post a Comment