Thursday, December 9, 2010

More VMWare

Not looking forward to leaping though hoops to go to 6.5.5 but I'll resign my self to my fate later.

In the meantime I've had the old mouse issue whereby it only wants to work properly in the top left corner of the screen - it kind of thinks that the screen res is 640 x 480 when the screen is actually much larger. Although not perfect, the following solution did help a lot :

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1309964

Find the .vmx file and amend/add the following as required :

usb:0.deviceType = "mouse"
usb:0.present = "FALSE"
mouse.vusb.enable = "FALSE"

Still have a few problems right at the bottom of the screen, and you can't get to the VMWare menu very easily, but it is workable.

Now if Adobe would just flog Illustrator (or the complete CS suite preferably) for Linux, I could forget all this nonsense. What is with them ?

No comments:

Post a Comment