Tuesday, December 13, 2011

 I'm admittedly a little green. As far as saving planets, and whales, and all that jazz, anyhow.

No I don't climb trees, camp outside nuclear bunkers or throw rotten eggs at politicians (what's the point ? They all stink enough as it is.....) I try my little bit. Recycle, use a bit less electric, etc. etc. etc. I'm no martyr, nor saviour of the planet, but I try to do my little bit.

But two things are for sure.

We can't keep increasing the population without some serious consequences.

We can't keep consuming finite resources.

Now, we can argue the toss about global warming and how much influence man has on the atmosphere et al. The agnostics AGWs may be right. Maybe we haven't screwed it all up after all.

But quite simply, it just can't be good for the place.

And yes, I, and anyone reading this today, probably will never see the consequences of our actions. But someone will. My kids, their kids. Someone, somewhere, is going to jump on our graves and curse us. Once they have had a few drags of the oxygen from the bottle they need to survive, or whatever.

I don't know what the answers are. And man trying to curb mans own insatiable appetite, and down right greed, is a bit like the lunatics being in control of the asylum, or trying to cure your own depression.


I always thought these were about right in The Matrix :

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

Morpheus: The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. 

It's hard for the patient to become his own doctor.

I wrote this page because I just saw the following someplace, and knew just how prophetic it is.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money."

 ~Cree Indian Proverb (apparently !!)


So come on people. When are you going to wake up and realise the corporations and governments have sold you a dream that you can't afford ?

You already live in The Matrix.....

No comments:

Post a Comment